Monday, June 16, 2008

Communication?

So when do toddlers learn to really communicate with their parents? Ryann doesn't talk to us or try to communicate at all with us... this has been very frusterating in the past because I never know when she is hungry, thirsty, wet, poopy, tired, bored, annoyed, etc. I have slowly learned over time when she is tired because she will occasionally rub her eyes. But she is such an easy baby that I guess she has never really felt the need to communicate with us.
Until today!
Today Ryann was pulling all the DVDs out of the cabinet like normal, and all of the sudden she comes running to me holding one in her hand. It is Tarzan! I look at her and say, "really? you want to watch Tarzan?" She smiles so I put it on.
Seconds later this is what I find:
Ryann watched Tarzan and made monkey and elephant noises for the next 30 minutes. It was so cute and so hilarious!
I am so proud, Ryann is finally trying to communicate with her parents. :)

1 comment:

*natalie said...

That is the cutest picture of sneaks! When are we going to have a playdate?