Friday, February 12, 2010

Randomness- with love.

Ryann in her Valentine's Day party dress!

I will post pictures later since I am not at home, but today as I sat with a toy hanging in my mouth- trying to entertain my 9 1/2 month old long enough to get her to start nursing I laughed at my current situation. My milk supply is increasing by the way! Hooray for Mama's Milk Tea!
.
3 years ago I was pregnant and loving every minute of it. I will freely admit I didn't love every minute of my second pregnancy- but I definitely loved every minute of my first one. Not to say one baby is loved more than the other... but you get the point...
.
This morning I tried to tell Ryann her birth story on the way to daycare. I told her how much I loved her and how I was so excited for that day to come. I was so happy that she had joined our family and I was so blessed to have so many wonderful people there to witness the great miracle of birth.
.
And guess what happened? My mascara ran.
Because you can always count on a 'Wagner' to cry.
.
I don't often talk about my work on the blog, but I do want to express my appreciation for the most amazing life calling I have been given. To be able to spend time with women during some of the most sacred and important times in their life is a blessing. I am honored to do it and I am so thankful that I have such a supportive husband who hardly ever complains when I am gone 4 nights out of the week or leave for hours at a time on the weekends- frequently interrupting game nights, birthday parties, dinners, and regular old family time.
.
Anyway, happy birthday tomorrow Ryann. I love you more than you will ever know.
.
Which reminds me. I got a card from my Grandparents 2 weeks ago that said that. I am not appreciative enough of my grandparents and extended family. But I want them all to know that I love them all and they mean more to me than they will ever realize as well. I have received such strength and guidance in my life not only from their examples but from their love. I draw so much strength and energy from the love of people around me. Because guess what? there are a lot of people out there who I love and who I know love me back.
.
and finally... my extended family needs some extra prayers for health and strength. I won't go into detail on the blog but please say a quick prayer for them.

4 comments:

Craig, Kimi, Eli, and Owen said...

I couldn't help but smile during this post... I know a good 'wagner' cry. :) We love you.

Erin and Zach said...

I couldn't help but cry too while reading this. I love you so much sis and Ryann too, more than she will ever know ;)

Shawn said...

Hope everything will be ok with your family. I'll say a prayer for them. Sweet post.

Cathy said...

Oh Brittani-I actually think all the tears are from the Cochrans but when I became a Wagner---well-- maybe it is a Wagner thing because we all know Kimmi--and now it's a Fisher things too!! We sure love our Ryann and our Cara and our Rich and our Britti! Thanks for the post--anyways there sure is alot of love and prayers going on!!