Monday, March 22, 2010

Love her

She has been driving me crazy lately with eating food. She refuses all baby food (I am surprised it took so long for her to do this!) and even if I sneak something in her mouth she spits it out. Like spits it ALL OUT!
.
She doesn't chew. She only has 2 teeth. She lets the food sit in her mouth and dissolve until she swallows about 2-5 minutes later.
.
She only eats crackers or marshmallows from lucky charms. Or Veggie Straws.
.
She throws all her other food.
.
I used to laugh at my girlfriend who said all her baby would eat was grilled cheese sandwiches. I just thought she didn't try hard enough.
.
That will teach me.
.
She is still nursing well- only if she is playing with a toy when I feed her. If not then NO WAY! Ryann is trained to get a "soft toy" for Cara when she nurses because if it isn't soft then she drops it on her head and cries.
.
Any suggestions? How to deal with picky eaters? Support groups?

4 comments:

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

Super cute story and blog! I have 2 girls as well, nothing sweeter!

Erin and Zach said...

i think she's protesting the bathroom door being shut...

maybe if you put food in trash cans she will eat it ;)

Beach_Crew said...

I have absolutely no advice for you. None whatsoever. My kids have somehow grown to be healthy, active little humans by simply eating noodles and butter and scrambled eggs and toast. Best of luck...

Anonymous said...

yes, UNCLE ZACH!