Saturday, May 21, 2011

Cupcakes

I made chcolate and vanilla creme filled cupcakes for a party at Rich's work. I sent Rich with 40 cupcakes and not a single one made it back home. Rich said they were so good that I needed to write down how I made them so I can replicate them in the future.


For those of you who don't know me, I use a new recipe almost every single time I bake something. I don't know why, I just do. Maybe because I think there is always a good recipe to be tried and tasted. I don't want any to feel left out.

So... I used chocolate fudge cake mix and added some chocolate pudding to the mix. I then baked them and filled them with a creme filling. I wanted to use THIS recipe from http://sweetcuppincakesbakery.blogspot.com, but I had just used my marshmallow fluff a few days before. So instead I took some heavy whipping cream, added some powdered sugar and vanilla and made my own little filling for the cupcakes.

After I filled them I iced them with some amazing buttercream frosting. Just your normal run of the mill powdered sugar, butter and vanilla frosting, but I beat it really fast for awhile so it would be nice and fluffy. I added the pink food coloring as well.

When I ran out of the cream filling that I had for the first 3 dozen cupcakes I finished off the other dozen (or so) with strawberry filling. So I decided to make strawberry frosting for the rest of the cupcakes. I added the strawberry filling to the buttercream frosting. This made it more dense frosting but delicious anyway.
To top it all off I decorated them nice and pretty and simple.
Hopefully I can remember this for next time too.

1 comment:

Erin and Zach said...

Rich is a lucky man...i hope my husband does this for me one day...