Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Where's Waldo

Tonight we had an activity for a group of youth from church. They were playing "Where's Waldo" and they needed some people to dress up and blend in/hide in the mall.

Of course Rich and I were eager to volunteer. We love this kind of stuff!
I really didn't want to get a sitter, and even though we would be out late I wanted to bring the girls along. But, the girls know all these kids from church so I figured that I better dress up the girls as boys!

They were loving it!

Ryann kept dancing around saying, "I'm a boy. I'm a boy."
Cara loved her hat for all of 10 minutes, but during those 10 minutes she was in heaven.
(Total cost of 2 full boy outfits and hats from goodwill- $9. Don't tell Rich I spent that much!)

There were 14 or so adults dressed up and boy it was a party. I was sitting right at the very entrance of the food court at the mall. I had 2 of my friends come meet me at the mall to help keep me covered! It was great. It was the best spot and I was the very last person to be found for all the kids.
Rich, on the other hand, was the very first one to be found for most of the kids. Not sure if it was the cowboy hat or the 2 kids running around like crazy.

Either way, we had a blast. Thank you to such a fun ward for putting this event together!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome and what fun for the girls!!! That sounds like our youth need to try it out!!

Brittney said...

How fun! You guys look great!