Saturday, September 12, 2009

So I am being sneaky here, posting on my sister's blog, but I just have to. I am visiting from Napa, Chicago, wherever one would call my home and I have to spend a moment in praising my big sister.


I am so proud of her I can hardly stand it. I'll start with her job, which I might add is not just a job to her. She absolutely loves helping these women--you can tell by the way she talks about it and the way she talks to her patients. I only hope when I start working after law school that I can love my profession half as much as she does.


Next, she has the most amazing little girls. I was able to spend yesterday watching Cara and Ryann and I have never seen such happy kids (except maybe my other sister's two :)). Honestly, Ryann is so giggly, independent, smart...and when Cara isn't napping or eating, she is smiling. I would be too, if Britti were my mom. How she juggles two girls, a husband, a full-time job...I have NO idea. I can hardly handle myself and law school, let alone a husband, job and kids. Yet she does all things with such grace. I am scared of being a mom, but I have to say having Britti as my midwife and only a phone call away ready to answer questions, I think I will be okay.


Now I just need the husband, house and job. It will be a while, but once the time comes, I have quite the example to learn from.


Britti, I love you and I am so proud of you. I am so blessed to have you as my sister and am so glad I am able to visit when I do. I wish it were more often, of course, but until we are closer together, Skype will have to do.

6 comments:

Devyn Pickett said...

:') britti is amazing!!!!! but so are you erin and you will be such an awesome mommy someday!!love you both!

Cathy said...

Mommy's happy!

The Bellyakers... said...

I don't know sister... but what a special letter to a special person. The obvious relationship you two share between sisters is beautiful and priceless. And I too agree... Brittani is amazing!

Kristen Kohler said...

I agree that you are amazing!

*natalie said...

Well said Erin! We love you too Britt.

April Kennedy said...

Awww....that made me teary. Sweet hacker sister!