Saturday, November 6, 2010

Homemade Cornucopia

The cornucopia (Latin: Cornu Copiae) is a symbol of food and abundance dating back to the 5th century BC

I am not sure what gave me this idea... but I spent a couple days crocheting a homemade cornucopia. It is very homemade and rough, but I guess spending 0.79$ on the yarn and 0.89$ on the flowers I figure this was a pretty awesome Thanksgiving decoration. And yes, I am proud of it, even though it looks funny.
Ryann helped me fill it with her plastic play food and then we made some hand turkey's and Ryann colored them in.
I will have pictures tomorrow of my Pilgrim and Indian decorations tomorrow too!

I LOVE the holidays!

5 comments:

Erin and Zach said...

That's awesome!! I am so proud! Very festive and cute. I don't think it looks weird at all.

Missy said...

I think that's really cool! Crocheting anything is an accomplishment in itself. Plus you could use it as a beanie in the winter time:)

Unknown said...

I can't see a cornucopia without thinking of the hunger games... you did a great job!

Cathy said...

Hey cutie-- it turned out really cute-- and I love the picture!! Yep Happy Thanksgiving time!!

~Trish said...

I think it's cute. Good job!