Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Have you seen me?




Saturday afternoon while the Baby Fair was winding down I was walking towards my office when a man came up to me. He said:

"Is the microphone still turned on?"

I replied, "No. Sorry, why?"

He then said, "well, because someone's car just got broken into?"

And in a very concerned voice I said, "Oh, no. Where?"

He turned to the parking lot, some 20 feet away and said, "right there. That black honda pilot."

.

And yes. It was MY BLACK HONDA PILOT!!!

Oh wow. Surprise. I give away over $500 in free prizes that day, with free food, free car seat safety checks and more... and in return someone uses a spark plug to shatter the glass in my passenger side window and steal the purse on the floor board. Scratching and tearing up all the leather during the process.
.
Lucky for me Rich was right there and was able to cancel all of our credit cards and bank accounts. The yucky man who drove the small, old, white pontiac sunfire with the first two letters of his license plate being "AP" only got 19$ in gift cards. Nothing more. Well, unless he sold the purse and wallet, which were quite the pretty penny (and also BRAND NEW for Christmas and my birthday!!!)

The police arrived within 10 minutes of the call and that means within 20 minutes there were already people out looking for this nasty man. However, I am not optimistic because, really, I am sure it is all long gone once he realized he couldn't use any credit cards.

.

There are a lot of things I am grateful for in this situation. No one got hurt. I found out quickly. Credit cards are sooo easy to cancel. My sister had recently taken her purse out of the car so it wasn't stolen. My brand new sunglasses were on my head. I had my cell phone with me. I didn't have any cash in there :) and my temple recommend was at home.

.

Things I am not grateful for. I lost my calendar!! I have to replace my hospital badge. My prenatal vitamins were in there. I lost my sunglasses case. I have to replace my Drivers license. I had to close my bank account and reopen a new one. I have no way to buy groceries or gas until the new credit cards come. I have to memorize a new bank account number. And now I have to get a new diaper bag.

Criminals these days are sooo gutsy. This happened at a crowded place at 2:10 in the afternoon.

8 comments:

April Kennedy said...

What a bummer....a fleurville diaper bag and that sweet wallet from Nordies. :(

Anonymous said...

hey britti- I am at work and that is a very common MO around here! I am sorry that there are criminals in Phoenix too! I love you and what a pretty bag that was!

Angie said...

Britt that sucks! I am so sorry! Glad they didn't get too much though! I can't believe Nugs is 2 already! CRAZY

Erin and Zach said...

BOoo thieves. Guess we shouldn't carry wallets from Katie ;)
Way to go you though, always such an optimist! Can't wait to see you FOUR in 5 weeks. . .

Ashley said...

That totally sucks! What a bummer. I hope that guy gets caught. I hate theives!

The Damron Doc said...

That is such a bummer. I hate when stuff like that happens. I will keep my eyes open for your cute diaper bag! Glad the show went well though.

Nelson said...

So lame.
I've been hearing a lot about this type of stuff recently. Your bag is covetous!

The Bellyakers... said...

Oh my gosh! I am so sorry! Such a violating experience!!