Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Congrats to me!

I can't believe it is over. It has been an amazing 2 years of school where I have discovered my passion for helping women. Not only has today been an exciting day, but it has been quite the spiritual day for me.

As I realized the significance of finishing this chapter in my life I decided to read my Patriarchal Blessing that was given to me by a man who had the authority from our Heavenly Father to be a mouthpiece for him on this earth. I remeber that day clearly and have reflected on it often. Each time I read my blessing I truly know the love that my Heavenly Father has for me.

The line that reflects most upon completing my formal education reminds me that because of my "good education I will be able to contribute in the world and help others who are less fortunate." I used to believe that this meant having to travel to a third world country to help others (which I may do someday... who knows), but on this day I feel so blessed...
I feel my Saviors love so profoundly today...
And because of this love I know that many of the women I will help and have helped have been less fortunate than I. This part of my blessing is unfolding before my eyes and I know it is only because of the righteous decisions I have made in my life that have made this possible.

*Side note to one of my most faithful readers... Sorry for the churchy stuff Erin... I love you!*

4 comments:

Mamawags said...

Brittani....you are awesome! Thank you for being so great. Thank you for the great example you set as an older cousin, for my girls. You rock!

Erin and Zach said...

Hahahaha! Don't you worry about that. I can handle it just fine :) Besides I am so proud of you that you'd have to do a lot worse to bug me! Love you!!

Jan said...

Congratulations Brittani! You're awesome! Way to go with graduating and doing what you love!

Angie said...

WOW congrats! It gives me hope that there is a light at the end of the tunnel! Now you can come deliver my baby...just in time! :)