Thursday, July 15, 2010

A Good Mom

I am in Napa now, using my brother's computer while he is away on his mission :)

We survived the plane flight. Our flight was delayed over an hour to get to LA- then I wasn't sure if we would make it out of LA and up to Oakland- so I asked the nice Southwest people if there was any possible way to get on an earlier flight. Well- yes. There was a flight leaving in 15 minutes that was a direct flight... 4 gates down.

AMAZING!!

The girls were great. Ryann got to play with her new toys and she colored and Cara ate her weight in french fries that I had just enough time to buy before we boarded the plane.

The flight was completely full with us there and we had a business man sit next to us... I started to warn him about the girls and apologize in advance (he did get some ponies thrown at him) but he told me he is the father of a 9 year old and 7 year old twins. Traveling with him sure used to be wild I am sure!! I never apologized after that. I just thanked him a lot.

Ryann and Cara spent a good amount of time winning over the plane of people. They ran up and down the aisles- sometimes Ryann would lie on the ground and say, "Ayudame mommy, ayudame!" She made quite a few people laugh.

And at the end of the flight a really nice woman looked at me and said, "you are such a good mom. You made that trip look easy."

It helped that the girls were good, but that really made my day.
You know what also made my day? I am in Napa with the windows open and the girls are sleeping.

When I wake up I am going to pick some blackberries. Anyone want to join me??

4 comments:

Rich said...

Me! Me! Oh, I have to work, IN PHOENIX! Yuck! Have fun. Enjoy the weather.

kate candland said...

Me Me I want to help pick... I always help Erin :) How long are you in town?

Erin and Zach said...

ME!!! I want to help!!! Baaaahhhh. Kate gets to see the girls if she wants and I cant! Stupid stupid Bar exam! Sheesh.
Britti, you ARE and AMAZING Mom! I am so glad the trip went well and yay for southwest ;-)
love you

PS Kate is a really good helper

Heather said...

You ARE good mommy! Congratulations on the successful flight! I hope mine is as easy one day... :-)