Thursday, September 11, 2008

9/11


Whenever I stop and think about the significance of this day I feel remorse. However, it is not what you think.

.

I feel remorse because when I was sitting in my early morning calculus class I kept thinking how annoying andrea goldstein was for making such a huge deal out of nothing.

.

I feel remorse because I watched the replay after replay and all I could do was stare at the TV with mind numbing thoughts.

.

I feel remorse because I didn't really care.

.

I feel remorse because people were crying for the country and not for me, my sister, and my close friends.

.

I sat there that day and cried because only the day before we had found out that Chris Jones had died.

.

I sat there that day and cried because I knew there was significance and history happening in front of my eyes but I was young and had just experienced the death of a friend.
.
So this is what 9/11 means to me. It is another year of reflection for me. Another year knowing that my life was touched at such an early age by another. Another year knowing how much I need to take every day for what it is worth. Another year knowing that loved ones are not soon forgotten. Another year knowing that my sister and her friends are strong for always keeping memories alive.
.
Another year wishing I had done more snowboarding
.
Jibstyle4Life

1 comment:

Erin and Zach said...

Thank you Britti. Thank you. That is very beautiful and makes me happy, yet sad of course. I love you. You captured a lot of my feelings--exactly...