Saturday, September 13, 2008

Acquire

So this is definately not my new favorite game, but I have had some fun playing it the past couple weeks with friend. Acquire is a game of mergers and acquisitions... so lots of fun for the man in your life. However, I seem to have a knack for it since I won by over $40,000 (from the loser). Anyway, it was made in 1966 and the version we have is even older than this one pictured above.
It was Rich's dad's game, so that also makes it pretty cool.
Anyway, after I played this game last night and won, I tried to be the good sport and not rub it in... well, minutes later we started playing Settlers of Catan with our friends and they beat the snot out of me... I sure wish I would have rubbed in the first win. It really would have made me a lot happier at the end of the night.

3 comments:

*natalie said...

Yeah I think we better stick to Canasta. We are all WAY to competitive to play anything else! And for the record, I really don't like acquire.

Brittani said...

yeah right... you love it

Jan said...

We LOVE Acquire (I got it for Ben for Christmas a couple years ago but had to pay big through Ebay). We also love Settlers...we're going to really have to get together soon!