Saturday, January 31, 2009

My Birthday- 2 Days Late


I am not a big fan of making my birthday a big deal. I usually don't have a "big gift" that I want because Christmas is just past, but I do absolutely love the sweet cards and gifts and I especially LOVE when my family sings happy birthday to me on my voice mail. (Thank you Ethan/Ashley, Erin (at the car dealership!!), Devyn, Mom, Dad, and Zach!)

.

You know what else I love? Facebook. I love that they remind you when friends have birthdays and even though I know all my friends don't automatically remember it is my birthday, at least I know they want to take an extra couple seconds to wish me a happy birthday online. And that makes me happy. Very happy.

.

I also love when your bestest friends offer to watch your toddler for the night so you can go on a much needed birthday date/dinner with your husband (thanks hansens!)

.

And what made this birthday the most special 25th birthday ever? Rich agreed to order something quick, eat super fast, and hurry down the freeway to the hospital so I could spend the next couple hours with another fabulous girlfriend while she had her baby. I know I see births all the time, but being able to be with Kristen and help welcome baby boy KYRE into the world was one of the most wonderful experiences I have ever had. I took probably 200 more pictures than I needed to, but I was so happy to be there and honored that she would ask for me to be with her on this special day.

So happy 25th birthday to me and welcome to the world baby KYRE!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday is right! What an amazing gift... I need to find you on Face Book... it would be a blast to see you twice in one day (well, in my case-way more because I'm ALWAYS on face book... adddictive) I also love that they remind you of your friends' birthdays! Just one more reason to go on face book a thousand times in on day...

Megan said...

Happy late birthday.

April Kennedy said...

Darn it...I'm not your friend yet on facebook...so I didn't see the reminder..which I do love that about facebook...among many other things. Or maybe I didn't check in to facebook that day. I am trying to have such an addictive relationship with my computer! ANYWAYS....happy birthday to you sweet girl. I heart your blog and I heart you!