Monday, April 26, 2010

Happy Birthday Zach

Happy 19th birthday to my little brother Zach. He is getting ready to leave for his mission for our church to Texas, speaking Spanish. I am so excited and proud of him.

Someone asked me the other day if I had already said goodbye to him (since I won't see him before he leaves) and it was a hard answer. Because, yes, We did say goodbye on our trip to Utah, but he hasn't left. I can still talk to him and skype him and post funny pictures of him on my blog.
I am so proud of my little brother Zach. He has always been such a good friend and example to me. He was one of my best friends my senior year of high school and that is when I really learned the importance of family. Whenever I came home from college he was never too cool to hang out with me. And then when Rich came along he always tried really hard to pretend like he liked Rich. :)

Another thing about Zach is he is such a great uncle. Even after making this silly picture of Ryann she has always held Uncle Zach in a special place in her heart. She constantly asks to talk to him and even when we talk to Grandma she is asking for Uncle Zach.


Zach really means a lot to Rich as well. Rich has great brothers but it means a lot to him that Zach will be serving the Lord for 2 years like Rich did. They will both speak Spanish at the end of this and I am sure they will spend a lot of time laughing at Zach's Texan accent.

Rich has also made it a really big point to make sure I know we will be writing Zach a lot of letters while he is on his mission.

I love you Zach, more than words can say. I want to be a better sister because of you. I want to try harder and do a little better because of you. I want to be a better mother so that someday I can have a child who grows up to bring joy into such a wonderful family, just like you.

You are the humor, the love, the light, and part of the glue that holds our family together to be such great friends. There is never a dull moment with you and everyone is a little happier when you are around. Thank you for being such a great brother.

2 comments:

Erin and Zach said...

Thank you for that Britti. And thank you for being another part of the glue that holds us together :-)

I love you! And, yeah, thanks for the tears, too

Devyn Pickett said...

wow. im at work right now way to make me cry but i love zachy and he makes me wanna be better too...