Friday, October 15, 2010

Are those smiles?

Ryann has finally started smiling for me! It makes me so excited that she will pay attention long enough to the camera to pose for it.
The pictures are a lot more fun when she looks at us!
And a very special Happy 30th Birthday to my sister (in law) Katie! She is amazing. She has a beautiful family and I love her so much. She is one of the most amazing women I know.

Some things to say about Katie... She fits in perfect with our (the wagner) family. She knows how to deal with each and every one of us. She somehow knows exactly what we need- even when we don't know(Some of you may or may not know that the Wagner girls are a little moody and sometimes needy). She can put out any fire that is brewing in our household without making it seem like a big deal. She has brought an amazing balance to the dynamics of my family. I really think she was born just for the purpose of being a part of my family. :) I am so glad that my brother and Katie found each other.

It is hard to explain how amazing she is. Let's say there is a family dinner. Katie somehow just knows to bring something extra that makes the meal perfect... without even letting on that the meal was lacking. Or Christmas time. She brings out that one gift that tops the cake. For birthdays she knows exactly what you want when you didn't even ask for it. I really can't explain it- but she is the person who makes everything flow smoothly- and then makes it look like she didn't do anything and it was always going to be perfect.

Maybe that is why she is an event planner?

Katie is also honest and kind. Thoughtful. Organized. She knows what is important and what is not. She always makes others feel like they are important. She is one of the best things that has ever happened to my family, and she has taught us another part about the importance of family.

Katie reminds me how short Earth life is. Her mother passed away a few years ago and I know that she makes it a priority to spend time with each and every family member, as often as she can. Every time I come to town she makes sure that I am the only thing on her list of things to do. She will just sit and hang out with me and the girls all day. And I love her for that.

I also love her for giving me such a sweet nephew. He fills my soul with joy.
It doesn't get much better than that.

3 comments:

Ron, Ashley, Ethan and Addison said...

Great post about Katie ~ I missed you this weekend!

Erin and Zach said...

aww i love her so much! She's such a great addition to the family. And cute photos of Ryann. Finally she's smiling!!

Cathy said...

Great post Brittani--we have such a great family. Katie is a sweet addition-- she is a kind and gracious and lovely and thoughtful daughter in law, a charming wife, and now a sweet sweet mommy!! Isn't life fun--do you think the Zwag will be able to find someone out there??