Thursday, June 11, 2009

Congrats Zach


Well, I am a big fan of my baby brother Zach. When I was a senior in high school he was my best friend. I would ride a razor scooter to his elementary school with another scooter in my backpack and we would ride our razor scooters back home. Or other days I would ride the tandem bike to school and we would ride home with it. Basically these are the last memories I have of when I lived at home with him.
.
Oh yeah, and every night he would yell for me to tell him a story in bed and I would and we both always fell asleep before I told him even more than 5 minutes of a made up story.
.
Fast forward 7 years and here we are. He graduated #2 in his class and he spoke at graduation. He has a full ride scholarship to BYU and his list of accomplishments goes on and on.
I am so proud of him and the amazing young man that he has become. He is full of integrity and a strong sense of what is right. I can't think too much about him and how proud I am of him because it often makes me cry. He loves his family, his Savior, and the gospel. He is such a great example to us and I love that after school yesterday I asked him, "what are your friends up to?" and he said, "I don't know. I am hanging out with you guys today."
.
Congrats Z-Wag
p.s. this is the best family picture I could find. Nugs was hysterical on the ground and we only got half of me. I am okay with that though.

2 comments:

Mamawags said...

Z-Wag is the bomb!! Congratulations to him!! I know he will love BYU!

The Bellyakers... said...

What a great family moment...

I love how proud of your family you are . You are a builder-- and so few people have that gift. What a great example to us all.

Have a fun week in CA!