Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Mascara Mishap

4 months ago I received the L'OREAL Paris Double Extend Mascara. Now this is the "beauty tubes technology". If you haven't heard of it- I am not surprised because I hadn't heard of it until they sent me a free sample. But basically beauty tubes means something along the lines of mascara that makes little clumpy tubes on your eye lashes.

I really had no problems with the mascara. It was nice because it didn't smear, smudge, or come off at anytime unless I was washing my face with soap and water. Perfect for labor and delivery with sweating and crying all in one. It also stays on overnight when you don't wash it off and it looks like you just put it on.
.
Here is the story- I would say about 10 weeks ago when my family came to visit for Giants Spring Training my sister Ashley borrowed my mascara. It looks like normal mascara and you put it on like normal mascara. She didn't know what "beauty tube technology" was.
.
Okay, I am going to stop right there. I am contemplating deleting the entire post, but I already started and I don't have anything else to write about... the reason being because this story is way funnier in my head than it is written down. But here is how it ends- basically when Ashley washed her face at night she thought her eyelashes had fallen out because the "tubes" wash off your eyelashes and end up on your hands or in the sink.
.
Moral of the story- Ashley is very book smart.
&
I need new mascara.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have used that stuff! It is so cool looking when you wash it off... however, I could imagine freaking out if I didn't know what I was looking at! It most definitely looks like your eyelashes have fallen out!

Cathy said...

ok-i get the Ashley is book smart part--I wish I would have been there--oh yeah, I think that I was--but I cant remember!! Now I think that I need to go buy some--know anyone that will go shopping with me next week??