Wednesday, July 22, 2009

So Sweet

I usually hate posting twice in one day- but this one is for the memories and Nugs did something today I don't want to forget.
.
I can't forget it because when Nugs is 16 and CK is 14 and they are fighting over clothes/boys/friends/ accessories/ car rides/ etc I need to remind them that they love each other.
.
I was nursing CK tonight right before bed. Nugs usually ignores us during this time but today she scooted right up to us. I asked, "Do you love your sister?"
.
She looked at me, said "Yeah," and then proceeded to kiss CK on the head. She then looked up at me and sweetly started patting CK on the head. She repeated this cycle over and over at least 7 or 8 times.
.
Maybe it is the hormones that made me tear up- but the sweet sincerity of the love that Nugs has for her sister is amazing. This is a great reminder of the Christ-like love that we need to have. We need to be as little children.

2 comments:

Erin and Zach said...

aaawww no it's not the pregnancy hormones. I wasn't even there and it made me tear up!! You have amazing, amazing little girls!!

Cathy said...

You will never have to remind them that they love each other --NEVER!! I love yous!!