Wednesday, May 5, 2010

I hope they call me on a mission

Today Zach leaves for his 2 year mission for our church. He will be going to Fort Worth, Texas. He will be speaking Spanish to those who do (and don't) desire to learn more about the "good news" of Jesus Christ.

I am so proud of him. Ryann sang him "I hope they call me on a mission" last night. Then she said "goodbye. I love you!" and that was all. I said a lot more and I cried. I am going to miss him. However, I know it is important for him to get out there and focus. Spend his time and energy serving the Lord and learning and growing as an individual.

I hope they call me on a mission. When I have grown a foot or two. I hope by then I will be ready. To teach and preach and work as missionaries do.

2 comments:

Ms. Green Eyes said...

So exciting- and so hard to miss a brother for 2 whole years. Zach will be an amazing missionary.

The Foys said...

How exciting! I'm sure he'll do an amazing job!