Monday, June 22, 2009

Fathers?? Seriously??


How did I not do a Father's Day post? What a horrible wife and daughter I am! Well, a day late works just fine for me.
.
Yesterday we had a good Father's Day at our house. When CK woke up at 5:30 to nurse I took her into the guest bedroom to sleep with her instead of back to our bed (which usually leads to waking Rich up). Then I let him sleep until 8am and the girls were just perfect and mostly quiet.
.
We had Orange Rolls for breakfast.
.
Nugs wouldn't let daddy open his card because it was a sound card and Nugs wanted to play with it all morning. But he did open his presents and got a new church book and a cool scripture marker with 8 COLORS! (oooohhh... aaaaahhhh...)
.
At church Rich got a new set of hair (if the kids sang good they could put ribbon on his head!) and a tie from Nugs.
.
Fajitas for dinner with peanut butter rice krispie treats for dessert. Followed by a little Disney Wheel of Fortune with the family.
.
Now is where I would normally list the 100 things that I love about Rich and my dad. but instead I am going to just say that I am so grateful for all the hard work Rich does for our girls and I hope some day they have an amazing relationship with their father as I do with mine. I love my dad and I am so thankful for him for a million reasons.
.
I love the fathers in my life!

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Oh what a serious and cute picture of a wonderful daddy!!We love him!!