Thursday, December 11, 2008

Mall Playground Trauma


I took Ryann to the mall today because I just realized that starting next week I might not have any daytime left to shop for Christmas! So we browsed for awhile and then I took her to the playplace there. She was having a blast... up and down the slide... up and down the slide... well then she ran out of view and a couple minutes later I hear crying. It sounded like Ryann, but Ryann hardly ever cries. So I didn't worry about it. Finally I decide to go over and check on her since she is still out of view.
.
Red eyes and a tear streaked face. But happy and playing again.
I pick her up and look at the 5 year old who was playing near her. I ask, "did she fall and hit her head?" He shakes his head no and points to the little boy with the pacifier in his mouth. Can't be more than 18 months old. Oh well, I shrug it off because she is okay.
.
I put her down so she can play some more and she starts to climb up the school bus near the little boy with the pacifier. Before I can even blink he shoves his hand in her mouth, grabs her jaw, yanks it and then proceeds to scratch her across the face as she is turning her head to get away from him.
.
Obviously there is instant screams and tears as I grab Ryann and try to console her. However, Ryann is doing just fine. haha. just kidding. I wasn't crying, but Ryann really was. The little boy broke some skin and she was hurting bad.
.
The little boy's dad and mom were mortified and very apologetic. I told them it was fine-- because really, kids will be kids and as long as the parents try to do something about it then I am okay.
.
I held Nugs for about 30 seconds, asked her if she was okay and told her to be tough. She calmed down and said, "ok" after I said "ok".
.
I then bought her a cookie.
She still wasn't very happy until I got her a silky.

See-- she still isn't her happy chipper self even after the cookie.

3 comments:

Devyn Pickett said...

Stinky baby....i hope ryann is okayy!!!! i hope her scratch gets better!!!

Erin and Zach said...

I WILL GET THAT BABY AND SCRATCH his jaw!!!!! How dare he touch my little nugget

Anonymous said...

I am calling in the dogs!!! Oh my baby! I miss her again! Maybe she needs two cookies!!!