Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Pregnancy Update

Every week I have Rich take a picture of my growing belly. I will be half way through with my pregnancy on Friday- but I am getting my 20 week ultrasound on Friday and I thought pictures of Cara would be a more exciting post for then. So I decided to update you on TEN pregnancy things.
First: Here is a picture of my growing belly. Not much to look at I admit, but the long torso thing helps. (taken a couple days ago)

Second: I have gained 10 pounds thus far, and hopefully I keep on the slow track because I am still running almost everyday. However... with the holidays coming up I am a little nervous.

Third: Cara moves a lot- not as much as her big sister moved, but time will tell as her movements get stronger every day.

Forth: I am getting some weird pregnancy skin changes. I have random patches of really dry, red skin that I have to put eczema cream on every day or they itch.

Fifth: I feel like I "popped" yesterday. This picture was taken a few days ago so I will take a picture tomorrow to confirm that I now am "showing" when I wear my clothes. (this is about 3-4 weeks earlier than last pregnancy)

Sixth: I started wearing maternity underwear yesterday. Yuck.

Seventh: My stretch marks are already making their reappearance from last time. I know this is normal, but with Ryann none showed up until 36 weeks! So now, the ones I had before are just becoming more apparent- no new ones yet, but still they are yucky to look at.

Eigth: I never had ligament pain or twinges or pulling sensations with Ryann so those are definately a new experience for me. It is funny that I tell my pregnant patients about these sensations all the time and I am just now experiencing them for myself.

Ninth: Did I ever mention her name is Cara Kay Hamilton? What if she doesn't look like a Cara you say? Well, if she doesn't, eventually she will.

Tenth: This has been an easy pregnancy thus far. I truly enjoyed being pregnant with Ryann and I am also loving this pregnancy with Cara. My sweet girls are nice to me.

8 comments:

Ashley said...

Cara Kay is cute!!!

Victoria said...

so is she named after anyone special?

Erin and Zach said...

You are half way there and your stomach is still smaller than mine. Get workin on it Britti! Come on come on I wanna see Cara Kay..

Devyn Pickett said...

yayyyy and even after gaining 10 pounds i guarantee you still weight less than me!!! ugh

Anonymous said...

Your number nine comment is the cutest!!! I am sooo excited and by the way, it looks like you are sticking out your stomach!!! HA!!

April Kennedy said...

I think Cara is a sweet name! And I would kill for your stomach {with little baby pouch} right now. Mine, without baby, is bigger!!!

Megan said...

It is so good that you are in high spirits. I am really grumpy when I am pregnant. (you can ask your dad. I am pretty scary.) It is good for me to see happy pregnant ladies. One day, when I am pregnant again I will be happy, hopefully, just like you.

RoseRunner said...

You pick the best baby names! I can't wait to meet Cara, even if it's on the internet...