Monday, January 4, 2010

Merry Christmas to Me!

Rich finished my Christmas gift yesterday and hung it on the wall for me. I found the idea from my friend over at Ducks in a Row and LOVED it so I asked for it for Christmas.
Rich often goes above and beyond and he actually burned out each notch and the numbers. We still haven't found a cute idea on how to write in the names- so for now they are written in pencil and we haven't measured Cara yet.
My little Ryann is 3 feet tall!!
We decided to hang it right inside our front door so that when people come to visit we can measure them if they want to. How fun is that?

9 comments:

April Kennedy said...

Totally fun! Our kids heights are recorded on our friend's wall in Carlsbad. Each year when we go to San Clemente/Carlsbad, a new line is added and compared with last years line! It's crazy to see how much they have grown in a year when you don't see it everyday on your own wall. Have fun with it. If we came to visit....we totally would be up to be measured!

*natalie said...

Or it can be used for measuring the height of a robber as he runs out the door. That's what banks do.

A little bank teller knowledge for ya!

Deters said...

What a great idea. I want to have one in our house if we ever get one. And then I can keep track of how mcuh i'm shrinking when I get old ;)

Mamawags said...

That is one of the things I am most sad about from the home I grew up in (I'm sad because the home is sold). This is cool because you can always keep it with you!!! LOVE IT!!

Cathy said...

Hey Rich--I think that is a great gift idea (wink)....I love you and think that you did a great job!!

The Damron Doc said...

That is so cute! I love that idea! Nice work Rich!

D Lee said...

cute idea. Good job Rich

Beach_Crew said...

Some friends of ours measured everyone on their pantry door. They later moved but had to take the pantry door with them for sentimental reasons. This seems much more practical. Great job Rich!

The Bellyakers... said...

AH!! I am so impressed! It is gorgeous!!!! Well done!