Friday, September 24, 2010

Happy Birthday Erin

Happy Birthday Sister. Happy birthday to my LAWYER sister.
(I am kind of a proud sister!)
She is a beauty. Inside and Out. When Erin watched my Ryann be born something changed. She became this amazing sister who had such a pure love for her family. I am not really sure if the birth is what triggered the importance of family to her, or maybe it was only after I became a mother that I noticed her love. She is so anxious to spend more time with her nieces and nephews, as well as her siblings.

Erin is brave. She moved across the country to pursue her dream of becoming a lawyer. She is spending the next year helping with a non profit organization dealing with breast cancer and breast cancer prevention. I am so thankful for the work that she will be doing to help these women and families.

She is also my therapist. Hopefully she doesn't start billing me, but this past year I have been through a lot of struggles with my job and Erin was always there to listen and remind me that it will all work out. She admitted later that she had no idea if it really would work out- so thankfully it did and I can also say that my sister is honest.

I am so thankful for being so close to my sister Erin. Not just in age, but in all parts of our life. She always makes me smile when we talk on the phone. She just gets me. I don't know a better way to say it, but I am thankful for her in my life. I know that she will be my sister forever and ever and I am grateful for that.

3 comments:

Ron, Ashley, Ethan and Addison said...

Such a sweet post. Happy Birthday Erin!

Cathy said...

We love you so much Erin- I love my kids!! Thanks Britt-such a sweet post!!

Erin and Zach said...

Aaaw thank you!! You are so sweet. I am lucky to have such a wonderful sissy. i love you.