Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving.

Today is such a wonderful day. I am making my very own turkey. I guess at age 27 and with 2 kids you should probably be able to make a turkey. We'll see.
I also made my apple, cherry, and pumpkin pies.
I have some fresh spinach and artichoke dip as well as a delicious sweet potato dish.
My mother in law is bringing the rest for us to cook over here.

The house smells amazing.
Rich is off to play football. I took a picture of his ridiculous outfit because it was too good to pass up. He was walking around the house "jamming" to his music from his ipad. He is the best dork ever.

Even better was when he said, "I totally need to get pumped up for football- I better turn on backstreet boys."
True story. Please tease him about it. Most of you who know Rich know that this is how he is, but still, he deserves to be mocked for that one.

Here is a quick list of some of the things I am thankful for... in no particular order:
Rich, Ryann, Cara, the rest of my family (i wont name you all)... even my not really blood family like Levin and his new wife because I can't be more happy for anyone in the world right now, for my baby niece in my sister's belly Hazel, for Facetime, pinterest, my job, the miracle of birth, a warm house, a car that won't die even though it is 12 years old (the echo!), for my ward family, my best friends, the baby in Heidi's tummy that we pray for daily, for prayers, for prayers from a 2 and 4 year old, for the innocence of a child, the song "see the joy", my savior, a living prophet, scriptures, my brother on a mission who is serving so selflessly, apple pie, my friends, the women I visit teach, my sitters who watch my girls faithfully, blogging, black friday, cameras, phone calls on my commute, hiking, seasons, freecycle, Laborlooks, the dollar store, and my wonderful relationship with my savior. I know my savior and I love him and he knows exactly what I can and can't take- he blesses me in my times of need and teaches me every day through trials to push me to be more humble, patient and to become a better wife, mother, and person.

2 comments:

Kim said...

I'm proud of you making your very own turkey, that's a big deal! I'm hoping we never move out of state, so that I don't have to make my own for awhile lol. I'm thankful for such a good friend/doula/future midwife like you! You are one of the most amazing women I know, totally selfless and ALWAYS giving and never asking for anything in return. I aspire to be like you!

Erin and Zach said...

WHAT a goober your husband is. And I second Kim...you are amazing. So lucky and thankful to have you as my sister. xo