Friday, February 10, 2012

Sick Day

Last night Cara was coughing so hard that she threw up. I was upset and nervous because Rich was out of town. Usually when a kid is sick he can stay home and work from home. I can't. There is only one of me in the office and I usually have about 35 patients to see each day. Fridays are the worst because everyone is trying to get in before the weekend. I have a ton of calls and it just wasn't possible for me to call in sick.

So I buckled up, packed some bags the DVD player, tons of snacks and told Cara she was going with mommy to work. She sat on the floor and cried. She said, "I want to go to Rachel's house."

I spent the next few minutes trying to convince her that she was sick with her cough and she couldn't go to Rachel's. I reminded her that she would have fun with mommy at work.

I drove the girls to Mary and Rachel's house and I left Cara in the car while I took Ryann up to the house. I explained what was going on and my dear friend Margaret told me that it was no big deal and that she would take Cara.

I hemmed and hawed but I really knew it wouldn't work out well with Cara. We went to Cara and asked her what she wanted to do. Without hesitation she said she wanted to play with Rachel.

Can you see why??
Cara and Rachel playing with toys on the bed.
Cara pretending to be sick by lying on the bed with Rachel.
Seriously awesome- cupcake ice cream cones. I wanted to stay home from work too!

Thanks Margaret for all the help you do for us! The girls love you and your girls and I know for fact that Rachel is Cara's BFF.