Friday, March 20, 2009

Milestones

Staying at home with Nugs for the first year and a half was amazing. I was able to watch her grow and develop and I was personally able to experience all of her "firsts". I was there when she started to crawl, stand up, walk, and oh so much more. It was wonderful.
.
However, yesterday Nugs hit a milestone that I wasn't able to witness because she is at daycare now. I thought long and hard about how I felt about this... I knew this day would come... I knew that me going back to work to help support my family was the best decision... I knew that she will continue to grow and I can't watch her every second... and then I smiled...
.
and then I laughed...
.
and then I celebrated...
.
and then I shouted in joy...
.
and then I text messaged my family...
.
all because I MISSED the MILESTONE...
.
Yesterday Nugs pooped on the potty...
and I missed it. And I didn't have to clean it up. And I didn't have to wipe her butt. That cute plumber's crack isn't so cute when there is poop on it.I think we need one of these to help Nugs and Elmo go potty together.

No comments: