Friday, April 8, 2011

New Technology = NOT Home


Here is a picture of the 2 ducks who have made our front yard their new home. Why do I have anxiety over little things? We just got this new computer. No bells and whistles. Just the computer part. Not the monitor, or the fancy stuff, just the computer part. I still have my old keyboard, monitor, mouse, etc.... but I am not happy with this change.



I want my old computer back. I really didn't want to spend the money (although we got a great bargain!!) and I don't like starting over. I feel like I have to spend days to rearrange everything in order to make it feel like "home."



I am actually protesting a little bit. This is sort of like what I have done with my cell phone. My new cell phone doesn't feel like "home" and I have had it for over a month now. I haven't switched any ring tones, I haven't changed the alarm from the original tone, and I haven't personalized it at all.



Why at the age of 27, does change to newer technology make me anxious? Have I really passed my technology prime? Is it really so hard for me to accept the change and realize that this new computer actually works, is faster, looks nicer, doesn't sound like it is about to take off, and 100 other things that should make me happy to use it?



Ahhh... I guess I will be happy as long as I can blog about with it, and about it.

2 comments:

Anna said...

I am the same way. I get frustrated with all the new tech stuff too. I feel like I will never be able to keep up or feel comfortable. Even my 75 yr old grandma does better than me. Ha ha anyway your girls are adorable and I can't believe cara is almost 2!!!

Erin and Zach said...

video count: +24 times

and tomorrow will at least double that