Monday, November 1, 2010

Tender

This was such a fun Halloween for me. It was so fun to watch Ryann go up to each house and look at all of the decorations. She wanted to inspect each pumpkin, look at each spiderweb, touch each light, and point to all of the ghosts and bats.

She would walk right up to the pumpkin and proudly show it her pumpkin treat bucket. Then tell me that they were "family" and "matching."
If there was ever a scary door she would say, "Thats okay Cara. It is just pretend." Then she would grab her candy and run back towards me, where I would reassure her that it was pretend.

After awhile Cara was DONE and Ryann was still going. I was holding Cara. Ryann would then go to each door, say "trick or treat", and then take her candy and put it in her bucket. After this she would reach her hand back into the bowl and say, "I need one for Cara." Then she would run it back to Cara and put it in her bucket. Then she would run back to the door and say, "Thank you!"

I am sure this will be one of the only years that I can just relax as I walk the girls around the neighborhood. In a few years it will be all about the candy and not as much about the fun.

2 comments:

Matt and Melissa said...

How sweet your little girls are! That is so cute what Ryann did when trick or treating!

Erin and Zach said...

SO SWEET. i love it. One day I'll spend a halloween with you guys again!