Sunday, January 9, 2011

Like Mother Like Daughter

I am hoping that very few of you know about my childhood obsession with dogs. It is very equivalent (if not more!) to Ryann's obsession with horses and ponies.

When I turned 2 my older sister and brother saved all their money so that they could buy me a pound puppy. Anyone remember those? Yes, my pound puppy was my life. He slept with me every night. He was the first of about 90 stuffed animal dogs. Okay, not 90, maybe close to 15, but seriously. I had an obsession. I LOVED DOGS.
(I still do, but now is not the time for us to have a pet dog... sorry Max)

I remember some nights lying in bed and putting my stuffed animal dogs surrounding every inch of my body (no, this wasn't in college- this was when I was probably still in elementary school). They all had names. We played and played and played. I made houses for them and elevators and fed them and naturally you can see that I often pretended I was a dog.

That's not so weird, right?
Maybe the weird part was when I had my little brother ride around on my back and use a neck tie as a leash. Because we all know that people and children don't ride dogs. Whatever, in my pretend world they did.

Back to present day... Ryann's obsession with horses... at least Ryann having her sister ride on her back while Ryann pretends to be a horse makes sense.
So I guess the title of this post could have been:
"My daughter is not quite as strange as I was as a child"

They sure are cute though.


4 comments:

Ron, Ashley, Ethan and Addison said...

I remember those days ~ so cute!

Erin and Zach said...

You and your puppies! I would get so excited when you would let me play with them. I never really thought zach riding on your back as a dog was weird at all. Maybe that says something about all of us...

Oh and I don't know if you remember, but you loved horses too! Remember when you would tie shoestrings to your handlebars and pretend your bike was a horsie?? I would try it but my balance was awful and I gave up pretty quickly. sigh.

Oh and the only way I was able to get Ryann to play with me over Christmas was when I would start gallopping and whinnying around the room. She really started to like me after that...

TOO CUTE!

Heather said...

hahahaha. lindsay used to sleep with a million stuffed animals too! btw si love this post!

Cathy said...

Oh my goodness-- i have so many stories!! Brittani you were always having fun--it really didn't matter what you were doing but you sure loved your dogs and that pound puppy was the best gift ! XOXO